Monday, September 17, 2007

Falling Down...Into Nowhere...

I was just admiring the sunset...it looked so serene, so beautiful. I wanted to capture it, so I took out my camera out of my bag, and clicked the scorching elegant star along with the mountain it seemed to rest upon. Since I like to click a subject from various angles, for the sake of experimentation, I, foolishly, walked up to the extreme edge of the mountain...fixed my camera in the air to secure a spectacular picture for it to stay in my memory…but I instead got a very different experience altogether…which surely has stayed in my memory longer than the “spectacular photograph” I wanted to take.

To admire the power of nature, I went a step ahead (quite literally) and fell deep down...into nowhere...

At first I felt numb. I didn't want to shout, because I did not want to hear my echoed voice. It's not like I don't like my voice, but I thought it would have been futile to shout in no-man's land for help. So, I tried to look down and see where I was falling, and all I could see was darkness. For some weird reason, I felt amazed by the situation I was in. I mean I thought it was amazing to fall into nowhere...in nature's arms...

In spite of that creepy darkness I could still see a lot. I could see a future. I could see myself as a part of a happy family. I could see myself as a very successful person. I could see myself enjoying life. Then I thought...what would my country be like? Will people still be terrorized by Osama Bin Laden? Or will television still show unrealistic, melodramatic reality shows? Will people still remain selfish? Will India still remain an under developing nation? Will our society still be infected by 'diseases'? Will cricket still remain media's favorite sport? Will the infamous politics prevalent in every system of the society ever die?

And before I could think of anything else, Death hit me...and those questions remained unanswered...

5 comments:

  1. gud one!!!!!!!! very thought provoking!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn girl...you are getting really good. This is pretty hatke from what u usually write. But the jump in genre suits u. surrealism has found itself a new talent! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing ya!!! i never knew you could write that well!!! great man..im totally speechless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. different n thoughtful! keep it going ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought no-one else liked questioning the fact we just end everything by dying. You made a very different approach to the same... i don't know if i may think all that but blatant thought.Carry on....

    ReplyDelete